Thursday, August 5, 2010

Carpet, Tile, and Wood... Oh My!!

Flooring.

This is the current project.  Now that the carpet is out, it's time to pick out what I'm going to use for flooring.  A month ago, I had already decided on wood in the bedrooms, and tile (big gigantic tile) in the rest of the house.  I went 'tile and wood hunting' with mom today and I've found my big gigantic tile at Home Depot, and as for the wood, I am going to look around at some more places because it's very expensive.  The first sample I picked up and fell in love with was $11.99 a sq foot.... HA..... Not happening.  I did not know what kind of look I wanted until going to a couple stores today and I learned that I like that wood that has light and dark contrasts but on the lighter side.  So pretty.  And laminate is out.  Before today, I didn't know the difference between the look of laminate and wood.... Like whoa.  Big difference.  So I'll fork out the extra money for wood.

I've been getting house bits delivered to my parent's house almost daily... They just delivered an area rug I had ordered for the dining room.... I have my vacuum, Tupperware set, pyrex glass baking set, towels....etc.... Picking everything out is more exciting than I thought it would be :o)  And being the bargain hunter I am, I'm saving a ton of money at the same time which is equally as exciting.

My dad's buddy has been at the house patching up all the holes in the walls so next step is picking out paint... which is a REALLY hard decision.  I have a beautiful "dusty rose"-colored duvet set for my bed (when I finally purchase one) and I'd like the master bedroom paint to match the comforter...  The extra bedrooms, I'm not sure.  I want a red room, because that's different and fun... and I'm not sure about the 3rd room.  Lots of decisions!

More pics coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment